- Retorque to lug nuts to factory settings.
- Check for Unusual wear
- Check for obvious cuts in sidewalls,
- get balanced/rotated.
- Replace lost valve stem caps
- Check air pressure on Spare.
- Check repair kit parts, replace if needed.
- Spares: Wheel studs, lug nuts and tire iron.
- Grease all factory Zerk fittings, driveshafts, u-joints, slip yokes, TRE’s and steering components.
- Check for driveline play
- Look for drive shaft dings
- Check steering components for wear
- Blow out diff breathers
- Check all fluids and top off/change as necessary.
- Clean or replace air filter
- Check for worn belts
- Check for worn hoses
- Spares: Plugs, ignitors, fuel filter, serpentine belt, belts.
- Check brake pads and rotors, replace or turn as necessary.
- Check brake lines at rest and full droop.
- Check brake bolts for proper torque.
- Flush brake fluid if needed.
Suspension and Steering:
- Check springs for wear/cracks/worn bushings
- Check shocks and boot covers for pitting, dents, bushings, bolt tightened.
- Retorque/repack wheel bearings.
- Look for an replace worn steering components
- Set up CB with SWR meter.
- Perform Radio Check
- Follow Pat’s workshop.
- Check first aid and replenish items as needed.
- Look for expired meds and replace.
- Add any new items you might need.
- Pack Spot, Sat Phone, In Reach etc.
- Fire Extinguisher
- Adjust Parking Brake
- Hide Spare key on rig
- Pack spare fuses
- Respool winch rope tight
- Pack winch remote inside
- Aim Lights (safety and courtesy)
- Fix known issues at home, not on the trail.